Why Choose Premier Pediatrics
Premier Pediatrics offers numerous services, benefits, classes and educational resources for its patients, including:
- Board-certified pediatricians
- Evidence Based Medicine – To ensure that your child receives the best possible care and that all of our providers are up-to-date on the latest medical standards, we have internal committees who review, audit and provide ongoing education for our providers and staff. Our entire practice is committed to providing the best quality, cost-effective medicine for your family.
365-Day, Night, Weekend & Holiday Availability
- 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday’s and Friday’s
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday thru Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday’s
- Extended Hours available. Please call our office for details.
- Many of our providers speak foreign languages, including Spanish and Portuguese
- Male and Female Providers
- On-site laboratories
- Lactation Consultant on staff
- Minor surgical procedures performed on site
- Hearing & Vision Testing
- Ear Piercing from 3 months
- Oral Health varnish for teeth (Fluoride treatment)
Sensitive to Parents’ Needs
- Same-day service for all illnesses
- On average, our overall time in office is 30 minutes or less
- Up-to-date technology, including CBC testing, and non-invasive Hemoglobin testing
- Ample parking (front and rear of building)
- Clean, comfortable facilities
- State-of-the-art family-friendly office
- Free Wireless Internet in Most Waiting Rooms
Premier Gives Back
- Premier Pediatrics donates towards vaccinating children around the world each time a child is seen for a well preventive care visit.
Support for Asthma, Vaccine Education, Breastfeeding and More
- FREE CLASSES:
- Prenatal Classes for Expectant Parents
NEW: Daddy Can, Too! (class for expectant & new fathers only)
- Basic First Aid & CPR
- Asthma Support Classes
- Infant Car Seat Inspection
- Prenatal Classes for Expectant Parents
Why your child needs a pediatrician
Children’s health care needs are different from adults’. Pediatricians are trained to prevent and manage health problems in newborns, infants, children, teens and young adults.
Pediatricians are devoted to children’s health – To become a pediatrician, a doctor must take special courses for 3 or more years after medical school. This is called residency. After residency, a doctor usually takes a long detailed test given by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). After passing the test, the doctor is a board certified pediatrician. He or she gets a certificate that you may see displayed at the office. The doctor can then apply to become a fellow (or member) of the AAP (FAAP).
Pediatricians are experts in children’s health – Pediatricians are specially trained to treat and manage your child’s health care needs and other issues, including the following:
- Growth and development
- Physical Illness
- Emotional or family problems
Why does my child need annual well check-ups?
- Dr. Dowse Says: “Parents often ask me why their children should have a well visit. I answer them by sharing with them the time when I diagnosed the high-school athlete with a potential life-threatening arrhythmia; or the 2 yr old who was found to have a malignant tumor; or the 5 yr old who was found to be in early stage diabetes. They all seemed perfectly healthy. You can’t be too careful. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of the annual check-up. It is our best tool for early detection and continued good health.”
- Staying on top of your child’s well exam can ensure complete healthcare at their sick appointments. Our Providers stress the importance of a full medical history. Each child is unique and that is why it can be difficult to properly diagnosis a child when they are sick, without a baseline of when they are well.
- Annual well exams are FREE for insured patients
- An annual well exam is the best insurance you can provide for your child’s health
- We stay on top of it for you! Premier will schedule your child’s next appointment a year in advance and remind you as their appointment approaches. This way you can schedule the day and time that works with your schedule. For convenience, we offer reminders through text, email, or personal phone calls. We are flexible to patients needs and can easily reschedule appointments at any time.
- Premier Gives Back – Premier Pediatrics donates towards vaccinating children around the world each time a child is seen for a well preventive care visit.